Sunday, October 12, 2008

I have been meaning to write this from a long time but never got around to doing it...now will finally do it...

I have seen so many people around me..all working for big MNCs and getting good pay and benifits but all they can do is crib about their job and how much it sucks!!! Then as i travel to work everyday i look at the people sitting in the toll booths or the guy who stands almost in the middle of the road trying to stop the non PMT bus traffic from going in the 'special' PMT lane or the guy who is given the job of painiting the roads or the road dividers...all these people working in scorching heat...pouring rain...despite the heavy traffic blowing all sorts of dust and other gases in their faces..are they happy with their jobs? the other day i was travelling in a PMT bus and the ticket collecter was a young guy not more than 18 year of age..he reminded me of my cousin who is now in an engineering college....looking at him i felt shouldnt he be studying somewhere? instead of spending his time roaming around in crowded buses collecting money from the passengers..but then again i think...isnt it better tht they are at least making an honest living (even tho meagre)..they can go back home and relax thinking that at least they got something back...way way better than begging on the sreets and turning to unlawful means to fill their stomach....

But still..times like these i feel grateful for what i have....and go to bed everyday thanking the God for what he has given me...how can anyone complain about it? but then again isnt it their right to be happy? it is not their fault that they have comfortable homes while others are living off the streets. but i just wish that pepole would just take some time out and see what they already have rather than wanting and longing for more and more..

a long time back..when i was still in college..i was once sitting with my friends and we suddenly decided to go to a circus...we wanted to revisit out childhood...so we went there...once there instead of looking at all the shows being put up by people around..all i could look at was the dismal conditions which those artists were living in...the tents were visible when entering the place...i actually had tears in my eyes lookng at them...and i also felt ashamed for demanding all sorts luxuries from my parents..

i do believe in karma and the fact that you get what you deserve...but still it is not easy to accept the unfairness of the life all around u...

3 comments:

Adisha said...

< Sigh > I too often wonder, if I believe in karma then what of those people who are good all their life and still are down on their luck one way or another ... Is it some choice they made or the choice made For them that lead them there ? And if it's God, then is it all just a big test ? Can only wonder .

dreamy said...

it is a big test yes....i read this quote somewhere...
"When God solves your problems, you have faith in his abilities, when he gives you some, he has faith in yours"....
but i suppose we are all just too impatient and just want to reach the end of the road thru some short cuts...

Adisha said...

I don't know about short cuts yaar, for some days the road seems to be endless somehow ... But then , I guess a road with obstacles is better than no road to walk on :)

Honestly, though I have the questions , I for one, just don't understand the concept of God testing us and if you don't do something right, getting punished. I'd rather believe in an understanding & forgiving God. I don't know. And if He is testing us, for what ? After life ? Heaven ? Hell ? What to be re incarnated as ?

I had derived this funda when I was young. That we all make our own fate. Sure the BIG guy has his own ideas,but then it's usually a choice of two or more paths. U know? LIke He gives options and lets You decide what you choose which leads to another road, so on and so forth... That just made sense to me somehow ... For He knows Everything right ?! And there Has to be something like free will and the right time.. so .. Uh !! I'm rambling .. Sorry :D