Friday, January 16, 2009


What attracts one person to another? When I am talking about attraction, I don’t just mean the pull between lovers, I am talking about the pull between any 2 random people. Why is it that sometimes you meet someone, maybe even for a short while, and you think that you have known that person forever and feel an immediate connection to him/her? It’s not where you are from, how you look, what your age or sex or religion is. It’s how you think, how you see, how you feel. Recently I read in a friends blog “Enjoyment exists only among like minded people”. And that says it all. You can probably have a good time freaking out with almost anyone, but its only when you are in the company of like minded people that you truly enjoy yourself to the fullest.

When we were kids, my parents used to make me and my brother do to all weddings and parties and we used to keep cribbing that we will get bored as we will not have anyone of our own age there. Now that I think about it, I see that most of my real close friends, with whom I can talk very openly are older/younger than me. I realize that age really doesn’t matter. But then again, someone once told me, “You may be 24 years old but you talk like a 40 year old person.” I am still trying to figure out if it was a compliment or not.

There are a lot of people around me who think we are friends, but for me they are just mere acquaintances. I am not trying to put them down but just trying to say that just because I spend so much time with them does not necessarily mean I feel connected to them. Then there are some people, with whom I felt that connection from the moment I interacted with them for the first time.

Its so strange, the way the nature works! Strange how you can be a stranger to a person you spend most your time with and be the best friend of a person you meet just once. I hope I find my soul mate in one of these best friends.

8 comments:

Kathan said...

Life always be an equilibrium between illusions and Facts and you have to choose what suits to you, My Experiences says Sometimes it’s a illusion which drives us to a rare happiness, So if you want people to understand you use to use this balancing . And yup you are not the only one…we are in number…so we are a family in a way :) . Those who thinks a lot drives changes…. dear

Dreammy said...

Hi,
I was searching a pic for my profile "Dreamy". I liked one, and realised it is same the which you are using :-).
What u have written bot connection between people is very true.
Just one advice, dont expect much from life, or life partner. It makes life pretty easy.
All the best.

Adisha said...

Finally a post :) So true what you say about people. Some strangers take a day to become confidantes and for the rest, Hours spent together are meaningless !!

Here's to finding the right people to spend those perfect moments with :)

Cheers,
adisha

Dreammy said...

Well...i used to think just like u, as is evident from my other blog. And seriously I never ever thought that i will reach such situation ever in my life.... but here i am...

Dreammy said...

U know i was just like u..they way u think.... and i never thought i will be like this... but here i am

Adisha said...

I'm sorry, was the above comment for me ? I didn't get the context...

dreamy said...

@adisha
lolz no the above comment was not for u....it is by another person who calls himself dreamy :)

@mr dreamy
well i think you are giving up too soon..i dont know what your situation is..but by looking at your blog it seems as if you have just given up on life..and living....dont die while you are alive....its not worth it

Dreammy said...

Hmmm.... I am still thinking.....!!!