Friday, June 22, 2007

Horoscopes



How many of us open the newspaper everyday and take a look at the Daily Horoscopes column? I am sure almost everyone would deny that they do any such thing. They will say that they dont believe in it, but, somewhere inside there is a part of them which thinks 'What if it is all true?', 'What if it really works?' . I guess the reason why this 'Fortune telling' is getting so famous these days is because people are impatient. They dont want to live in the present. They want to know what will be their fate probably 10 yrs down the line or even till the end of the day. What I dont understand is that why cant they just let it be? Life has so many surprises in store for us. Why cant they let it unravel it as the time goes by? What is the fun in living if you know what is going to happen to you in the next moment?


And it is not just for the future that people look into them. People look into the love compatibility issues. I bet if they spent half as much time (which they spend on going to various fortune tellers and gypsies) spending some quality time with their partner, they would have a happy, successful relationship.
I believe all our fates are already decided and there is nothing we can do to change it. So instead of finding out what is going to happen to us and how can we avoid the unfavourable circumstances that we might come across we should live in the moment. Enjoy every day like it is the last. What we dont know cannot hurt us right? ;)

Like he lyrics of the song "The dance" by Garth Brooks go:
And now I am glad I didn't know,
The way it all would end, the way it all would go,
Our lives, are better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain,
But I'd had to miss the dance.

No comments: